Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mango-Banana Popsicles


So we've been having a heat wave as of late. We are not used to 90 and 100 degree days here, so lots of people complain when it's that hot. I am not one of those people. It doesn't stay that hot for very long, and our winters last about six months, so I relish the hot summer days because I know they are few and far between. That being said, that doesn't mean I don't want to cool off when it's that hot!

I made these mango-banana popsicles as a healthy treat to cool off with. All I did was puree frozen mango chunks with a banana and some sparkling water in a blender, then add some Splenda 'til it was a little sweetened. Then I poured the mixture into an ice-cube tray and inserted toothpicks for handles.

Voila! Easy, healthy popsicles for a warm summer's day!



No comments: