Friday, September 19, 2008

Zucchini Balls! (And yes, I am alive)

Tee hee! Balls!

Ok, now that I have that out of my system...

I found these adorable 8-ball zucchini at the farmers' market. Mostly I had to try one because... well, it's a freakin' ball o' zucchini.

I started by cutting each in half and hollowing out with a spoon, but not digging out too much that they lost their shape.



Then I sauteed the innnards with some onions and garlic. When they were mostly soft, I cut up half a Tofurkey sausage into bite-sized chunks and threw that in too. I threw in some tomato sauce to complete the stuffing and spooned some into each baby zuke.

Then I sprinkled parmesan cheese over the top. Because you cannot have Italian-type cuisine without cheese. Really. It's a law in Italia. When Italians are feeling especially patriotic, you can hear shouts of Formiggi Sempre! walking down the street.

I baked it in the toaster oven 'til the flesh of the ball (giggle! ok, so not completely out of the system) was tender but not soft.

Since I had only used half of the Tofurkey, I just ate the other half alongside the zuke.


Stuffed Zucchini 8-ball! A hole-in-one!



(Wait a minute. That's the wrong sport!)


No comments: