Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lobster Ravioli al Fresco

Here we have some lobster ravioli I cooked up for Cookie Monster. I had some leftover pumpkin ravioli in the freezer, so that's what I made for me. I can't take credit for the lobster ravioli. Trader Joe can.


I made a simple sauce for the pasta--just browned up some butter and sauteed garlic 'til it was browned (but not burned!) and tossed the pasta lightly in that. I served the pasta with some steamed broccoli (not shown since Cookie Monster had already eaten it!). I grated some parmesan cheese over the top and voila! A delectable, delicious and delightful dinner.


It was actually nice outside for a change, so we dined al fresco! Note the fallen tree in the background. That fell over when it was decidedly not nice outside. Granted, it was rotting, but the wind gave it that final push.

We got a bottle of this wine from a friend. It's Red Diamond cabernet sauvignon. Frankly, I didn't much like it. And this says a lot coming from me. If it's fermented grapes, I'll drink it. I'll drink Chuck Shaw. I'll drink discount store wine. Hell, I drank wine in Italy that came in a 1 qt. box for 86 cents! It tasted a lot like turpentine.

I will draw the line, however, at white zinfandel. At that point, you might as well be drinking Boone's. And if you're gonna drink Boone's, drink Boone's!




So anyway, I didn't much like this wine. It tasted kinda musty and metallic to me. But then what the hell do I know about wine? I drank turpenwine! All I know is: I didn't like it.


Dinner: Now you see it...

Now you don't!



No comments: