Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Leftovers for Lunch

For lunch yesterday, I had a plate full of leftovers. Leftovers are usually fine with me, and I more often than not reinvent them into something different. This time, though, their original preparation was the best, so that's how I ate them.

 

We have roasted Brussels sprouts, leftover pizza and a surprise.


 
 
That looks like a big pile of mashed potatoes, right? Wrong! It's actually cauliflower puree. I just steam the cauliflower until it's a little overcooked, then pulverize in my mini food processor with  chicken stock to thin it, a little butter and S&P. It's really good and if you close your eyes, you almost think it's mashed potatoes. 
 


The pizza was from a local place called Tutti Gusti, and it was broccoli, ricotta and tomato pizza. SO GOOD! As is requisite with leftover pizza, it was eaten cold. 


The Brussels sprouts I roasted in a hot oven (about 450) with a little olive oil, S&P until they were nice and caramelized and some of the outer leaves had turned crunchy.
After the photos, I added a dollop of cilantro jalapeno hummus and a few cracker pieces. 
Tasty lunch!

No comments: