Saturday, March 8, 2008

Frittata/Tortilla

This is a frittata that's reminiscent of a Spanish tortilla. There is a layer of thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom, which I cooked whole in the microwave first, then sliced. I added them to crisp up in the skillet with olive oil, onions and garlic (and of course, S&P). I then added roasted red peppers and chopped artichoke hearts, as well as some goat cheese. I beat up 5 eggs and dumped it into the pan until it was just set. I finished it in a 400 degree oven at until the middle was no longer runny. I served it with steamed whole artichokes, which, along with steamed gren beans, are my favorite vegetable. I love artichokes!


This was pretty low-maintenance and was really tasty! Cookie Monster gave it two thumbs up.


Chez VCK's Spanish Tortilla-Inspired Frittata

Wash one medium red potato, poke holes and microwave 'til almost done, about 2 minutes. Slice potato into discs, then saute in pan with olive oil, onions, garlic and S&P. When onions are soft, arrange potatoes into a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Add chopped roasted red peppers, chopped artichoke hearts and goat cheese to the pan. Cover all vegetables with 5-6 beaten eggs. Cook over medium heat 'til just set. Finish in a 400 degree oven 'til middle is no longer runny, about 10 minutes or so.
Devour. Exclaim what a great cook you are. Ask dining companion for confirmation of this fact.

No comments: