Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mediterranean Dinner

I made a Mediterranean feast a few nights ago, all based around my homemade baba ghanoush. I roasted an eggplant, and with that I combined tahini (the magic ingredient), parsley, lemon juice,  garlic and S&P, with a little chicken stock to thin it into a dip-like consistency. 

For Cookie Monster, I made sort of a mock souvlaki, which was ground beef, parsley, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, garlic and hot sauce, all combined with an egg to keep the meat moist. I skewered the meatballs and baked in the oven until they were done.

For myself, I made a mock falafel patty, which combined the same things (parsley, turmeric, curry powder, cumin, garlic and hot sauce) with mashed chickpeas, all squished together into patties, and then pan-fried. 

Additionally, I threw some vegetables in the oven while the meatballs were cooking, and sprinkled feta cheese on top when they were done.

Here is Cookie Monster's plate. I know the baba ghanoush looks like poo, but it was really tasty! :)



And my plate:

I added some hummus to my plate (Cookie Monster thinks hummus tastes like dirt, but I love it). I also tried one of his meatballs, and it was pretty damn good.

All in all, it was a very tasty and unique meal.

No comments: