Friday, April 25, 2008

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

Cookie Monster and I like to make homemade pizza every now and again. Here is one we sometimes like to make. This one is totally different, and it's the first time we've had this variety of pizza at home. Using the barbeque sauce I made from scratch, along with the chicken I roasted at home, this made an awesome pizza. CPK, you got nothin' on me!


I wanted to make homemade pizza dough, but I didn't have time this day. So I went with our ol' standby for pizza dough: whole wheat baking mix. I just mix it with water 'til it's the right consistency, then stretch it out onto a pizza stone drizzled with EVOO so it won't stick. Then I added the awesome pizza ingredients. I started with a layer of bbq sauce, then spread out the chicken. Then I added mushrooms and olives, and grated a layer of white cheddar over everything. Then I cut up a slice of proscuitto and put the pieces all over the top so they would get crispy.

I baked it 'til it looked like this:

And it was incredible. If I do say so myself. Which I do.

No comments: